Friday, September 4, 2009

My honey is home!!

This is my happiest blog entry to date. My sweetie came home yesterday! I thought this day would NEVER get here!! If you are wondering why I am at the computer since he just got home- I am up early and just walked the kids to school. My honey is still sleeping- he was on only 2 hours of sleep the day before- so I am letting him sleep in!

The last couple of days have been crazy. We were all on pins and needles- so excited to have daddy come home- and the kids started school. Sister was not happy on the first day of school- she was scared. I was surprised that it wasn't Brother that was acting up- I was more worried about him. Of course the children tend to suprise me and reverse roles. :) School went off without a hitch. I think they both like their new school- I am relieved. They are not alone in being the new kids in school. Out of 500 students, 100 of them are new this year. Wow. It is a lot different than their school back in Washington. They line up every morning on what they call the "red top" (the courtyard next to the playground. It is concrete that has been painted red.) They say the pledge of allegiance together every morning. next week they will start doing their morning exercises- just like the Japanese schools do. There is a name for it, but I can't remember it. I'll post it when I find out. The school reminds me when I was a kid. I went to school in San Diego- we lined up on the "black top" every morning. Our playground was black asphalt- this is before they came up with using wood and rubber chips under the swings and jungle gyms (there were rocks if we were lukcy)- and no giant rubber mats. That asphalt was unforgiving, if you fell your skin was going to be torn up!

So this week was about starting school and getting ready for Husband to come home. I tried to get everything completely unpacked and put away. I came close to finishing, but in the end I just shoved the extra Rubbermaid containers in the closets and called it good. The kids rooms are not quite done yet either. I feel like I have been cleaning and organizing all year long! Frankly I am sick of it!! I DID make sure my bedroom was in order. Of course I just bought brand new bedroom furniture- so that made it easier. It is my first ever brand new complete bedroom suite! I feel like I finally became an adult. Haha. It is also a gift from husband for all my hard work this year. Damn right I deserve it!!

Yesterday I got the kids off to school, cleaned up after breakfast- folded the laundry and then proceeded to take a nice long hot bath (with a good book to read of course!) I did not realize that our tub is so big, I can stretch out almost all the way and it is nice and deep. I see a lot of bubble baths in my future. I can't find any bubble bath around here so I will have to get online with Bath and Body Works. Anyway- after my bath I headed out and picked up mail and bought the kids a new movie- Coraline. Since I didn't know for sure when Husband would get here- I figured that they could be distracted by a movie in case there was a delay.

No delay! I got a call saying he would be here in an hour. 30 minutes later he calls again and asks me to pick him up where the bus let them all off down the street. So I am running around trying to find my shoes, purse and keys when the doorbell rings. I open the door thinking it is my neighbor but instead in front of me is standing a very handsome guy in a khaki colored uniform. Its my honey!! He's here!! He didn't take the shuttle bus, but caught a ride with a friend. I can't remember his friend's name- I was in shock and forgot the name the moment he was introduced to me.

It was time for school to get out so I told husband to hide upstairs and I would go get the kids. At the school there are Dads (and some Moms) that just got home and are waiting to pick up their kids. There is excitement and joy in the air, its as if the air around is actually buzzing. I saw Brother first and he asked if he could go home because his friend that lives across the street was headed home too. So I let him go- I didn't tell him his dad was home. Sister comes out and I tell her we are going home to get ready to go pick up Daddy. Brother comes back to the school just as we are leaving, he is riding his bike. I know he hasn't seen his dad yet. So I tell him the same thing I told sister- but he doesn't want to come inside the house. He keeps insisting that he ride his bike down there. After much convincing I get both of them in the house and send them upstairs because I have a present in my room for dad. Of course the present is for them. I hear brother exclaim when he sees dad- he sounds like he is going to cry. Sister is up next and they both attack him. When I come up behind Sister they are all in a big bear hug at the top of the stairs. Talk about heart warming!

So for now I will let my honey catch up on his sleep. I think I will grab my book and go read in bed next to him while I wait for him to wake up!

1 comment:

  1. Fancypants: I have truly been enjoying keeping up with your life as if it were my own private soap opera. I am so happy he's back. I got goosebumps just picturing the kids hugging him. I won't keep you... go and enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!