Thursday, August 26, 2010

100th Post- Here's Your Sign!

Yay!  I made it to 100 posts!  While I have been consistently inconsistent, at least I have something to show for it all!  I was waiting to download pictures from a fantabulous trip I made, but that might take a couple more days.  So instead I thought I would share some funny signs I have seen around Tokyo.  I have posted many to my FB page, but I don't think I have shared them here?  For those of us have lived in and/or visited Japan, you know that the signs written in English can be pretty funny.  They can be funny because of the way the Japanese is translated to English- lovingly dubbed "Engrish", or just the subject matter and illustrations will give one a chuckle or two.  I hope you enjoy! 


From Ueno Park by the entrance to the toilets.  "Please understand it 'beforehand'"-
meaning before you realize you have no tp and have to use your...?
From the Narita (Tokyo) Airport.  They have the lovely electric toilets with all the gizmos.  They are all over Japan.  Narita is very thorough to explain the system to its visitors.
Ok- it's not technically a "sign", but it just cracks me up.  Dog Freaks is a dog grooming business.
 I know, that's only three (or technically two) signs!  I thought I had more- I just can't find where I put them- probably on Hubby's computer (Brother is hogging it right now and the network is not cooperating).

But- stay tuned- I will have more in the future!!  I promise!

Here's to 100 more posts! *throwing confetti*

3 comments:

  1. Happy 100th post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we lived in Japan, we used to go to a park with "Pick your Poop" signs with a lovely picture of a dog assuming the position. It still cracks me up when I think about it! lol

    Congrats on your 100th post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Ladies!
    Sondre- I actually have a bunch of pictures from a park in Tokyo that were all about dogs as well, I am going to try and post them soon- too funny!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!