Monday, February 22, 2010

Life gets in the Way!

Wow, I didn't realize I had taken so long to post!  I thought it had only been a week, but apparently it has been much longer!  I haven't even read anyone else's blogs recently- I usually keep up those at the least.
February has turned out to be quite a busy month for me.  Sister landed her first modeling job.  It was such an awesome experience for both of us.  She was supposed to have only 2 changes of outfits- they ended up doing 4 with her- I guess they really liked her.  She got to wear Christian Dior.  Christian Dior!  I don't think I will ever have that experience.  I can't wait for the magazine to come out in March.  It would be awesome if she makes the cover- but I am trying not to get my hopes up.  For all I know this will be her only modeling job- so we millked it for all its worth. :)  I will definitely post the pictures here once I get my paws on the magazine.

I am finally going to start teaching English.  My neighbor is moving and is handing over her students to me.  I am very excited!  I am starting with two of them this week.  I have met most of the students- they are all such sweet ladies- ranging from 20 to 50 years of age.  Of course now I have to do a super scrub on my house since most of the lessons will take place in my living room.  But that is a good thing for me.  Its called MOTIVATION.  And of course getting paid in cash- Yen- is a good thing.  The exchange rate is about 88 yen to the dollar- so getting paid in Yen is the way to go right now.

I did my first Compass presentation last week and I did alright!  Compass, if you aren't sure what it is, is a Navy Spouse Mentoring program.  We do classes for new spouses, though we tend to get a lot of "experienced" spouses as well. We had some really nice ladies in our class.  I was very nervous about presenting and was regretting signing up to do so.  But after it was over with, I was glad I did it.  Now I have a better idea of what to do next time.  I guess that is how things like that go?

Spring is in the air, though we have been getting some snow.  But I saw some plum tree blossoms yesterday- that gave me hope.  The plum blossoms are the first sign of spring around here.  The Cherry blossoms follow.  I am so excited for that!  I promise to post lots of pictures!!
I must go.  But I leave with a promise to not drop off the Earth like I did this last month.
Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!