Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Mata Ne (See you later)

I am leaving Japan tomorrow.  I am almost all packed, just need to unplug a few things and put them in my bags.  The kids have been ready since last Thursday.  Things are actually looking better as far the threat of radiation, I really would rather stay at this point.  But we are going tomorrow and the kids are EXCITED.  I think if I didn't take them back stateside my mother-in-law would fly out here and get them herself.


I feel like I am giving up on Japan.  At least, I am afraid that is what my Japanese friends think.  My students all understand, at the same time they tell me that everything will be ok here.  One of my students is very concerned and ready to head south if the sky starts to fall.  She said she would have gone to her parents by now if her husband didn't have to work.


I met one of my students- Chizuko, for lunch today.  When I dropped her off at the front gate and hugged her goodbye- she started sobbing.  My heart just broke!  I reassured I will be back, while choking back my own tears.  I do believe that in my heart.  I will be back, Japan.  I love you too much not to.


If you don't hear from me soon, it is because I am either traveling, or having a hard time getting online.


Mata ne!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Nancy! Just wanted to check in on you & see how you all doing?! How was your trip?

    I hope you all are ok & settling in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are doing fine. The kids are starting school here in Colorado. I am really sad to have left everything behind, but we are making the best of it. How are you? Did you guys relocate as well? I haven't had a chance to read anyone's blogs lately- I have some catching up to do!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!