Tuesday, March 23, 2010

This is one long month!

Maybe it is because February is such a short month- but March seems to be the looongest month!  It could be because I want to hurry up and get to April because maybe April will bring warm weather?  Let's hope so.  The sun is out more at least.  The cherry blossoms are teasing us, the buds are getting nice and fat.  I have seen a few blooming trees here and there so far.  But the two big ones by my house I am anxious to see.  They are huge!

Did I mention I am going to a cherry blossom viewing party next week?  Hubby is wearing his dress uniform (the formal one for special events).  The invite says civilain dress is "casual".  Uh, no- not when dress uniforms are being worn!  So I am teetering on what I am going to wear.  I have a beautiful silk baby doll dress- but I am worried it too dressy?  Or maybe it is not dressy enough?  I hate situations like these!  I need to find someone who has been to one of these parties and find out what is appropriate.

I really shouldn't want to rush time- Hubby will be deployed eventually so I should just enjoy our time together.  I looked back on 2009- we were only together 3 months out of 12.  I should be glad he doesn't have to deploy for a year at a time- at least not yet.

Last week was a busy one for me.  So I don't have any new foods or places to share today- nor any pictures.  Sorry- I'll try harder next time....
Cheers!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, cherry blossoms! Don't worry too much about dress. When I was in Japan, I always found that there was a huge variety in what people wore. But definitely ask around and see what experienced people know. Have fun! And enjoy the time you have with your husband.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there - I saw your comment on book recommendations on riding the rollercoaster so decided to drop by. I am looking forward to reading the sequel to The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo also.

    I'm a transplanted Brit living in the US - my husband and I are both English and moved home and country countless times over the years with my job until eventually they moved me here which is when I finally decided it was time for a family and gave it all up to be a SAHM.

    So I know what it is like being in a strange country far from home and family. Japan is certainly a very different experience I imagine (never been but have seen enough of Asia and the culture to know it must be!)

    Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! Thanks for stopping by my blog! How exciting you have lived in many places. I think Japan will be our only overseas home. I would love to visit England some day. My husband visited London a few years back- I was so jealous! Who are your favorite British authors?
    There is a third book coming out by Stieg Larsson- The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets Nest. I can't wait to read it. I am so sad the author has passed away and we will not see any more novels from him.
    Thanks again for stopping by. Nice to meet you too! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!