Friday, October 30, 2009

Yuzawaya and a Tribute To...

The Highlight of My Week- YUZAWAYA
It is a huge craft store with 5 floors in Yamato.  It is literally across the street from the train station- very accessible.  I did not realize that the Japanese had a love of crafting as we do in the West.  My favorite part was the fabric floor.  I am a fabriholic- I have bins full of fabric.  I love love love to buy fabric.  The sad part is that last time I sewed anything was last Halloween.

I love how they display the fabric, very efficient as that is the Japanese "way".  Some of the fabric is pretty pricey.  Although I am still trying to figure out in my head how meters convert to yards.  I'll have to sit down and write it out before I go to buy any of the fabric.  Or maybe there's an "app for that" on my iPhone? 

I did buy some some origami paper.  I love origami and so do the kids.  I ended up spending more than I intended, but it won't go to waste right?  I am definitely going back to do Christmas shopping there, so much fun stuff.  That and I'll go to the 100yen store.  Jaime, who has been my SAVIOR since moving here, gave me an early birthday present (apparently she can't wait to give gifts)- it is a book on how to make origami jewelry.  So not only does that inspire me to do more origami, but make jewlery as well.  I call that AWESOME.

Jaime is also the one who introduced me to Yuzawaya.  She asked me if I would like to to Yuzawaya- a 5 story craft store.  Does a dog like to eat steak?
I am going to take the liberty to post some pictures of her as well.  Love ya Jaime!


Here she is looking fabulous in her fabulous purple hat.  We were admiring this sort of flower "tree".  The planted the pansies in pots that are positioned on thier sides.  Quite creative I think, and also very beautiful.  The pictures don't do the flowers or Jaime justice!
Not only does Jaime look fabulous in her purple hat, but she is also a fabulous writer. I love her sense of humor, which is very apparent in her blog Life 'n' Times of...
Jaime was the one who saved me that first night in Japan- supplying blankets, toilet paper, capri suns and Diet Coke.  I don't know what I would have done without her- probably curl up in a ball and cry.  I am not kidding, it was that bad.
So Jaime has been there for me to help me with the kiddos and has random things I can borrow such as food dye.  She has also just been a great friend to talk to.  The bonus is that our girls get along fabulously as well.  Did I say how grateful I am to her?  How grateful?  VERY GRATEFUL.  The sucky part is that she will be leaving us sometime next year. *sniff*  Hopefully we end up in the same area again in the future, who knows?  Tha Navy is a small small world and it happens quite often that you meet friends again when you relocate.
So this is my tribute to you Jaime.  You ROCK!!
And thank you for getting me to work out again and for taking me to the most awesome place ever.

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap, Nancy... how did I miss this blog??? *laughs

    You, my dear, are AWESOME! *HUGS!!!*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hee hee, I thought maybe you were too embarassed to respond!
    You are AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!