Tuesday, December 29, 2009

TBR Reading Challenge

My sweet friend Kristina is the reading guru- and a reading challenge fanatic.  I haven't joined in because in the past two years I have been waay too busy.  But now I have more time to devote to reading and want to join in on the fun!  So I picked the TBR challenge.  Technically, the books do not have to actually be sitting on my shelf looking forlorn as they wait and wait and wait for me to FINALLY pick them up to read.  But since I DO have many books that I have had way too long and need to be read- I am going to stick to those books.  That way I don't buy any new books since damned Kindle makes it too easy it is very convenient to download a new book instead of grabbing a book off my shelf.

Here are my books I have picked for the TBR (TO BE READ) Challenge:

1. Birds of a Feather- Jacqueline Winspear
2.In The Company of a Courtesan- Sarah Dunant
3. Between the Bridge and The River- Craig Ferguson
4.Songs Without Words- Ann Packer
5.The Dogs of Babel- Carolyn Parkhurst
6. Sushi for Beginners- Marian Keyes
7. The Bolyen Inheritance- Philippa Gregory
8.Bright Sunny Morning- James Frey
9. Snow Falling on Cedars- David Guterson
10. Accidents in the Home- Tessa Hadley
11. The Turtle Warrior- Mary Relindes Elis
12. Girl in Hyacinth Blue- Susan Vreeland


Alternate list:
1. Miss American Pie- Margaret Sartor
2.In The Country of Men- Hisham Matar
3. The Lincoln Lawyer- Michael Connelly
4.The Story of Edgar Sawtell- David Wroblewski
5. Testimony- Anita Shreve
6. Anybody Out There?- Marian Keyes
7. A Wedding in December- Anita Shreve
8. The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest- Stieg Larson (No I don't own this one yet as it isn't for sale just yet- but I WILL own it as soon as it is!)
9. Bridge of Sighs- Richard Russo
10. The Sister- Poppy Adams
11. The Other- David Guterson
12. Fried Green Tomatoes at the Whistle Stop Cafe- Fannie Flag

I am totally pumped now- too bad I have to wait until the first...  3 more days!

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I'm so glad you decided to join me =) I've had The Girl in Hyacinth Blue and Dogs of Babel on my shelf forever!! Good luck =)

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!