Thursday, November 18, 2010

Better By The Dozen

Someone asked me for this recipe, so I thought- "Hey!  I should put this on my blog!"  It's because I love all my readers and want to spread the joy and calories!


The picture doesn't do them justice, but they are yummy!  I adopted this recipe from Gold Medal Flour's chocolate chip cookie recipe.  My mother in law taught me the trick of adding cocoa and I came up with the Heath bits, so yummy!!  On a side note- I normally use real butter in my cooking.  But for cookies like these I use the Crisco baking sticks, they work really nicely.  And honestly, I never can think to set the butter out to soften in time! *wink*  For my sugar cookies and spritz, I always use real butter!


Chocolate Heath Cookies      
      
¾ cup sugar
¾ cup brown sugar
1 stick of butter flavored Crisco and 6 teaspoons of water (or 1 cup of real butter, slightly softened- do not add water)
1 egg
1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
2 ¼ cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt (I use Kosher salt)
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 cup Heath milk chocolate toffee bits (you can find them in the baking section)

Preheat oven to 375°

Mix butter, egg, vanilla, unsweetened cocoa, sugar and brown sugar in a large mixer bowl.  Set mixer to stir and gradually add flour, baking soda and salt.  Mix well, the dough should be stiff.  Add chocolate chips and Heath bits, stir to combine.

Drop cookies using a cookie scoop or tablespoon on ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake 8 to 10 minutes.  The cookies should be hard around the edges, but soft in the middle.

Makes about 4 dozen cookies.

I don't always bake all the dough- sometimes I will refrigerate to make the next day, or freeze for a rainy day!

1 comment:

  1. *not reading NOT READING* I don't wanna know what's in 'em - I just know they're reeeeeeally good!!!! YUM!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!