Sunday, October 10, 2010

Having a Ball, Navy Style...

This weekend I got to go to my very first Navy Ball.  I have been missing out!  Hubsie never wanted to go in the past, and I never pushed it too far.  I think if I had realized they give out awesome prizes I would have gone before now, hee hee.

We were all a bunch of "single" gals. (meaning our husbands are deployed) so we went as a group.  I had a blast.  It was fun getting dressed up, hair done, the whole nine yards.  And seeing everyone washed up and dressed nicely was a bonus.  I love the "Cracker Jack" dress blues- the guys look so cute in them! 

The unique thing about being in Japan is that we also had guests wearing kimonos, so pretty!!  And the best part was seeing them out on the dance floor...

I know, not a great picture- but her kimono was so beautiful!

This man was so much fun!
Dinner was great, the speeches not TOO long, and the dance floor was packed.  The only bad part was standing for the presentation of colors- I broke out in a cold sweat, my stomach was hurting, and I thought I was going to pass out!  As soon as it was over I ran outside for some fresh air.  So weird!  The good thing is that it passed.  I am inclined to think it was the tight shoes.  But they were cute shoes!!

A good friend who is leaving next month...

I almost knocked this "Torii Gate" down earlier.  I was trying to catch up with a group photo and almost tripped.  I was admonished- warning me that it was only being held up with fishing line. 
I know they thought I was drunk- I wasn't- I SWEAR!!
back view of the dress- and weird "cat eye"- I tried to fix it- I look like an alien!
I can't wait for next year!  And I am hoping my sailor will be home for 2011- I have told him he is going if he's home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!