Monday, October 25, 2010

taking the leap

I must have bad influences because I signed up for NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month.)  I have never written anything longer than a term paper!  What in the H was I thinking? 

To be truthful, I have been writing novels in my head for quite some time.  When I was a wee lass I used to write my autobiography in my head- in the style of Mommy Dearest- I thought I had it really rough I was a tad dramatic.  But as I got older I started writing different (fictional) stories (still in my head of course.)  A few times I started outlining my ideas and story plots.  I even wrote a few lines one night, I got no where.

So for me- this is a way to get the novel writing out of my head.  If I enjoy it- so be it.  I'll sign up again next year.  If I hate it, then I can put that idea away and move on to better things.

At first I was going to keep it on the down low- figuring if I didn't follow through no one would notice.  But I got excited and told people.  I grabbed one of those story plots I wrote down a while back- and started my outline.  I really don't know what I am doing- but who cares?  No one has to read what I write- and I probably won't care for anyone to read it.  50,000 words?  Sure, I can do it, right? 1,667 words a day... yeah... I can. *gulp

Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. You can TOOOTALLY do this! I'm sooo excited for you! If nothing else, we can do marathon sessions over at the golf course ;o)

    1667! Go baby GO!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Talk to me!