Kristina, a fellow bibliophile (who reads 50X as much as I do), writes many book reviews and posts some yummy recipes on top of it all. Check out her blog at Kristina's Favorites.
1. Thank and link back to the person that gave this award.
2.Answer the 10 survey questions.
3.Pass the award along to 15 bloggers who you have recently discovered and who you think are fantastic.
4.Contact the bloggers you’ve picked to let them know about the award.
1. If you blog anonymously are you happy doing it that way; if you are not anonymous do you wish you had started out anonymously so you could be anonymous now?
I started out anonymous and for the most part have stayed that way. Since my honey is a sailor and we need to pratcice good OPSEC, I try to keep some things on the "down-low". But I do have friends who know who I am and know about my blog. I also feel the need to protect my children. But I do understand that in order to really protect us all, I should stay off the internet completely. Since that is not going to happen, I try to at least not give everything away.
2. Describe one incident that shows your inner stubborn side:
I refused to postpone our wedding. Hubby and I were engaged after knowing each other for maybe two months at the most (can't remember now.) We planned to for a December wedding. So many things went wrong leading up to the wedding date. The church we wanted ended up saying they couldn't give us the date we wanted (after I had ordered invites), and we had a heck of a time finding a new church. There were no hotels available for the reception, we ended up at the airport. Two out of three bridesmaids couldn't make as well as Hubby's best man.
I should have postponed for the spring- when travelling to Colorado would have been snow-free and we could get a hotel for the reception. But so many people were telling me that we were moving too fast and that it wouldn't last- I HAD to prove them all wrong!
This December we celebrate 15 years!! It was all worth it!
3. What do you see when you really look at yourself in the mirror?
My mother! It is scary sometimes! I never thought I looked like her growing up...
4. What is your favorite
Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbuckys. But here in Japan *sniffle*, I can't get them!
5. When you take time for yourself, what do you do?
I sew, read, watch TV and play Angry Birds on my iPhone.
6. Is there something you still want to accomplish in your life? What is it?
I want to be successful at NaNoWriMo next month! I signed up, I am just a little bit nuts I think!
7. When you attended school, were you the class clown, the class overachiever , the shy person, or always ditching?
I just wanted the heck out of high school- I wasn't any of the above. I did ok, I wish I had tried harder though.
8. If you close your eyes and want to visualize a very poignant moment of your life what would you see?
I really suck, I can't think of anything right now!!
9. Is it easy for you to share your true self in your blog or are you more comfortable writing posts about other people or events?
I think I write about myself for the most part, I find it easy to talk about me. I don't share all of my true self- somethings are just private and perhaps disturbing.
10. If you had the choice to sit down and read or talk on the phone, which would you do and why?
Read of course!
15 newly discovered bloggers....
I am sorry- I don't really have too many newly discovered blogs. I have been