Wednesday, April 22, 2009

And still no passport...

I have been calling the State Department every day about my passport. Finally yesterday I got more than "no new updates" or " they are still working on it." Yesterday they told me that they are sending me a new letter and my application is STILL in suspense. They want an affidavit of some sort from my mother and a hospital record to evidence that I was born there. Hmm, what part of - the hospital no longer exists- do they NOT understand?? My mom, bless her pea pickin' heart- is on the hunt for me now. She has spent the day doing detective work on ancestry.com (org?) and calling the health department, county records- who ever she can think of. What she found out is that they (the hospital I was born in) just closed, nothing else is known. So she found my newborn picture taken at the hospital- let's see if that helps.
I spoke with the lady on base that handles the no-fee passport I am trying to get. It turns out it is only good for our flight out there and when we actually MOVE back home. No trips to see family, or even emergencies. This is the first I have heard of this. I ordered new copies of my birth certificate since I do not have my other one back yet. As soon as I receive them, the kids and I are going to apply for our tourist passports. A different department handles those- lets see if they are more intelligent. Did I mention how rudely I have been treated through out this ordeal? Yesterday when I got off the phone I had to immediately go outside- lest I throw a hug "bitch fit" right there in the middle of the office. I spent rest of the intermittently in tears. This is all getting to be too much. We only have about 3 months to go!!
I will be having a huge party when my passport finally arrives. I will get it, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Talk to me!